June 9, 2013

Happy 2nd birthday, Alex!


opening his gift from big brother
 

caged birthday boy

birthday donuts, as requested
 
 
 

the most beautiful 2-year-old 'baby' Alexander
 
 
 
 
 

studying his candle, number 2!
 
 \
Sweet Baby A,
I guess I can't call you that anymore... you're really not a baby! I have trouble believing you're as big as you are, as old as you are, and yet we've all been pushing you to get here all along. You spent your birthday playing in the dirt, reading books, and crashing trucks and trains. You're done with the baby stuff, ready to play with everything Joey does, and be as big as Joey is. You're so smart, and so kind. You think you are hysterical -- you're right. Tonight, you blew out the candle on your cake with Joey's help. I asked, 'who's birthday is it?' and your mischievous eyes twinkled as you shouted a resounding 'ME!' Yes it is, sweet boy, a day just for you. Thank you, Alexander Ryan, for showing me just how carefree and fun life should be, just how many laughs there are to be had. You'll always be my baby, no matter how old you get.
Lots of love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment