August 19, 2013

Happy 4th birthday, Joey!

My best friend Joey,
You turned 4 today. When I said to you a few days ago, 'Joey, I can't believe you're going to be 4!', you replied, 'Mommy! I can't believe you're going to be 34!' without skipping a beat. That's you -- smart, quick witted, and well spoken. Kind, gentle, and never aware of how funny you are. The best little sidekick I could have, and my favorite 'big kid' companion. I learn so much from you: that dinosaurs are extinct, that volcanos 'erumpt' hot lava, that train tracks need stabilizers when you build them up high... the words to countless songs, which interstates to take on the way home... While you're trying so desperately to get older, I am trying to stop time. You will always and forever be my blondie. Happy birthday, buddy. You're 4... for real life! Woohoo!
Love,
Mommy

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment